Thursday, February 1, 2024

Tasting- Antonio Maccieri Rosso Dolce Lambrusco

Name: Antonio Maccieri Rosso Dolce Lambrusco

Variety: Lambrusco Salamino 50%, Lambrusco Grasparossa 50%

Region: Emilia 

Country: Italy 

Year: 2017

Price: $6

Winery Review"Rich ruby red with a nose of intense, fruity blackberry and raspberry. On the palate, the wine is round, silky, aromatic and full of notes of red fruits. A blend of Lambrusco Salamino and Lambrusco Grasparossa." - Vintage Cellar 

Wine Folly: (epub version pg 286) Lambrusco- a sweet, light, acidic wine. It has notes of strawberry, blueberry, rhubarb, hibiscus, and potting soil. I would agree that it was sweet and not heavy on the tongue. It was quite acidic, but that did not subtract from the sweetness. The wine definitely had fruit notes, such as strawberry and blueberry. However, I didn't notice any rhubarb or potting soil. This is likely because I am not sure what either of those taste like. The aroma was most similar to fruit and hibiscus. 

Personal Review

This wine was wonderful. It was enjoyable, but not a go-to. It smelled sweet like fruit, and also tasted just as sweet. I would say it tasted like strawberries, blueberries, and maybe raspberries or apples. This is in line with the wine review. I was able to pick out the berry flavor, and I agree that it is aromatic and smells of red fruits. The bottle said it was a "soft red wine" but it turned out to be similar to a sparkling red wine. It was immediately acidic upon consumption, but it was pleasant. It added to the sweetness. There wasn't a lot of depth to this wine, just a genuinely good simple wine. I did not have this with any food but I think that was for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner

My friends and I went to Zeppolis for dinner! We had not tried this restaurant before so it was initially confusing, but after asking a few ...