Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Introduction: First Blog Post

Hello to all who see this blog! As someone who turned 21 in the past year, I can say I thoroughly enjoy wine. I do not know the nuances and etiquette of wine, which is why I am in this class, but I am very excited to learn. Before this class, I understood that different types of wine are made with various grapes, and therefore most wine tastes different, and that is about it. I like drinking it with finger foods, like a charcuterie board, but I would like to further explore the complexities of wine and what to pair it with. 

I have had both white wine and red wine, but prefer sweet red wine. I am not sure if it is my naive palate, but I prefer cheaper wine. All of the expensive wines I've had are too bitter (perhaps called dry?) for my taste. This can also be applied to champagne. The expensive champagnes I have had on New Year's taste awful to me. This could also be attributed to simply disliking sparkling liquids in general. 

Only once before have I tried a blended wine. It was expensive and from Vintage Cellar, but it was very good. I feel like it could pair well with a hefty steak. I have some experience with food/wine pairing, such as pairing wine with red meat and fish. I have yet to find the joy in it since the alcohol and food seem to clash, but I look forward to being able to educate my grandparents and in-laws. In a less formal setting, I also like drinking wine with finger foods, like a charcuterie board, but I would like to further explore the complexities of wine and what to pair it with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner

My friends and I went to Zeppolis for dinner! We had not tried this restaurant before so it was initially confusing, but after asking a few ...