Friday, January 26, 2024

Tasting- Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Chardonnay

Name: Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Chardonnay

Variety: 100% Chardonnay

Region: Columbia Valley

Country: Washington, United States 

Year: 2021

Price: $12

Winery Review: "Aromas of corn on the cob, melon and herb lead to just off-dry drinking flavors. The concentration seems lacking. Corn notes linger on the finish." — Sean P. Sullivan (Wine Enthusiast), 88

Wine Folly: (epub version pg 232) Chardonnay- Notes of yellow apple, starfruit, pineapple, vanilla, and butter. It is best chilled and served with buttery flavors. While I did not drink this wine with any food, I can attest it is best served chilled. I also can detect the apple, vanilla, and butter notes, but I cannot taste pineapple or starfruit. It is also typically lightly sweet, medium body, and medium acidic. This wine was vaguely sweet, very light, and slightly acidic at the end. 

Personal Review: I cannot say I agree with the wine review from Wine Enthusiast. It does not taste like corn, but rather sweet like apples. As mentioned before, it tastes like apple and vanilla. Specifically, I don't taste tannins, but I do taste apple at the beginning and vanilla and butter at the end. It initially smells acidic, but the first taste and aftertaste are sweet. It is slightly watered down. It rests on the tongue and is bitter at the end but gives way to a sweet aftertaste. Overall, I would describe it as fresh. I did not have this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner

My friends and I went to Zeppolis for dinner! We had not tried this restaurant before so it was initially confusing, but after asking a few ...